September 28 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Join Devon & Cornwall Illustrators online as we discuss editorial commissions – how to get them & how to keep clients coming back for more. Book below or via our Eventbrite.
THIS IS ANEVENT
Sue Gent chats to expert illustration commissioners Jess Hibbert (Art Director, Saga Magazine), Joe Eden (Art Editor, BBC Focus Magazine) and Hilary Clothier (Picture Editor, BBC Countryfile Magazine) about their illustration commissioning process.
- How does a commissioner choose an illustrator?
- Why do they choose different styles for different features?
- What should illustrators expect from the process?
- How can you present yourselves professionally?
- What can everyone do to help the process run smoothly?
- What will make commissioners choose you again?
It will be a relaxed and informal talk, with plenty of time for questions.
The AOI would like to make events accessible to all, where possible. Please let us know your access requirements one week in advance by emailing [email protected]