The AOI is currently seeking a Board Director
The AOI has a small board which is responsible for the continued growth and good governance of the organisation. We are looking for an illustrator to join our board to ensure the ongoing relevance and focus of the AOI. We expect that the Director will be able to speak on behalf of the breadth of the industry, supporting the AOI to meet members needs in non traditional illustration areas such as gaming and motion.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- A keen interest in and knowledge of the AOI and the breadth of the illustration industry.
- Current experience of working as a professional illustrator, represented or unrepresented.
- An ability to build positive relationships with existing and potential partners for the AOI.
- An ability for, and interest in, contributing to the strategic growth of the AOI.
- A familiarity with reading organisational budgets, or a willingness to learn.
- An understanding of, or willingness to learn, about the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of being a Director.
- A commitment to diversity and equal opportunities.
We especially welcome applications from applications from illustrators with diverse backgrounds.
Time Commitment and Remuneration
The Board meet 4 times a year, usually within office hours and in Central London. You must commit to attending all these meetings. In addition we expect 12+ hours a year ad hoc support with the staff of the AOI and attendance at key AOI events such as the World Illustration Awards.
This is an unpaid position, however expenses will be paid where agreed in advance.
To apply for this position, email a cv and covering letter explaining what you feel you can bring to the AOI. Please also include the names and contact details of two references. These will only be contacted with your permission.
Send this to [email protected] by Friday 4 May 2018