The most inspiring award globally
Each year, the World Illustration Awards invite entries through an open call. Projects in any media can be entered into eight categories and can be submitted as either Professional entries, or as New Talent for work by students or recent graduates.
The Awards are judged by high profile, globally recognised industry professionals and commissioners.
The 200 strong shortlist was drawn from a record of 3,300 entries from 75 countries, with the 2018 Awards attracting over 1,000 more entries than in 2017.
Overall winners Stevie Gee (Professional) and Monika Vaicenaviciene (New Talent) were announced at an awards evening on 7 June 2018.
All 200 shortlisted entries feature online and in a printed catalogue that is distributed to over 1,300 major commissioners worldwide. You can view the category winners here, and the full shortlist here.
The World Illustration Awards continues the AOI’s tradition of delivering an annual survey show which has run in various guises for over 40 years. It is delivered by the AOI in partnership with the Directory of Illustration and with the support of our partners.
Shortlisted entrants feature in a high profile exhibition at Somerset House running from 7 – 20 June 2018. Entrance is free and it is open during Somerset House opening hours.
The exhibition then tours the UK and internationally, and is seen by over 50,000 visitors over the course of the year.
The popular Walker Books Family Programme returns on Saturday 9 June with two free drop in events for families. Find out more about the workshops with Jane Porter and Anuska Allepuz.
New for 2018
- This year there are cash prizes for the Overall Winners, sponsored by rOtring: £2,000 for the Overall Professional Winner, and £1,000 for the Overall New Talent Winner.
- The Overall Professional Winner will receive 1 full page in Directory of Illustration No. 35. including an online portfolio with 100 images. The value is $2695 USD.
- The Professional Advertising Category Winner will receive an iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Procreate software package, courtesy of the Advertising Category sponsor Procreate.
- The New Talent Advertising Category Winner will receive a Procreate software package, courtesy of the Advertising Category sponsor Procreate.
- All 200 shortlisted and winning entries included in a new online showcase and a full colour, 128-page catalogue, direct mailed to 1,300 major commissioners worldwide
- All shortlisted and winning entries presented in a high-profile exhibition at Somerset House, London held in June 2018
- All shortlisted and winning illustrators invited to the Awards Evening at Somerset House, attended by commissioners, agents and friends of the industry
- Industry programme of masterclasses, debates and face-to-face consultations in June 2018
Terms and Conditions
Overall Winners Sponsor