The world’s most prestigious illustration Awards:
New for 2018
- This year there are cash prizes for the Overall Winners, sponsored by rOtring: £2,000 for the Overall Professional Winner, and £1,000 for the Overall New Talent Winner.
- The Overall Professional Winner will receive 1 full page in Directory of Illustration No. 35. including an online portfolio with 100 images. The value is $2695 USD.
- The Professional Advertising Category Winner will receive an iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Procreate software package, courtesy of the Advertising Category sponsor Procreate.
- The New Talent Advertising Category Winner will receive a Procreate software package, courtesy of the Advertising Category sponsor Procreate.
- All 200 shortlisted and winning entries included in a new online showcase and a full colour, 128-page catalogue, direct mailed to 1,300 major commissioners worldwide
- All shortlisted and winning entries presented in a high-profile exhibition at Somerset House, London held in June 2018
- All shortlisted and winning illustrators invited to the Awards Evening at Somerset House, attended by commissioners, agents and friends of the industry
- Industry programme of masterclasses, debates and face-to-face consultations in June 2018
Each year, the World Illustration Awards invite entries through an open call. Projects in any media can be entered into eight categories and can be submitted as either Professional entries, or as New Talent for work by students or recent graduates.
The Awards are judged by high profile, globally recognised industry professionals and commissioners.
All 200 shortlisted entries feature online and in a printed catalogue that is distributed to over 1,300 major commissioners worldwide.
Winners feature in a high profile exhibition at Somerset House, which is accompanied by an industry events programme, and a series of family events sponsored by Walker Books.
The exhibition then tours the UK and internationally, and is seen by over 50,000 visitors over the course of the year.
The World Illustration Awards continues the AOI’s tradition of delivering an annual survey show which has run in various guises for over 40 years. It is delivered by the AOI in partnership with the Directory of Illustration and with the support of our partners.
Overall Winners Sponsor