The AOI is a dynamic, growing organisation with an exciting future. We are a small, welcoming staff team, with supportive management. Together we run a 1-1 helpdesk, deliver events, produce publications, present the World Illustration Awards, and undertake important campaigning work.
We are seeking a friendly, organised and efficient Assistant to join our brilliant, energetic team to make the World Illustration Awards 2022 the biggest and best yet!
The World Illustration Awards are respected, globally recognised awards scheme for professional and new talent illustrators. Attracting commissioners, agents and illustrators alike, with an excess of 5,000 entries from over 80 countries across the world this year.
The AOI has grown the Awards continuously since their inception in 2015. We now need additional help with the administration of the Awards, supporting our existing team during this exciting growth period.
This varied role will include: administration of entries, supporting our promotion activities, helping to plan the touring exhibition, and supporting the delivery of the showcase and online awards evening.
This role will be 2 days per week (days can be negotiated around your schedule but must include Tuesdays). Due to the nature of the project some flexibility will be required, with extra days required at busy times such as around the awards night.
Administration duties, assisting with:
- General assistance with all administrative aspects of running the awards.
- Updating of databases and spreadsheets relating to the awards.
- Management of awards data and images.
- Helping to organise and plan events, webinars and meet ups.
- Compiling reporting information for sponsors and partners.
Marketing tasks, assisting with:
- Ensuring that information on AOI website is accurate and up to date.
- Drafting and scheduling monthly awards newsletters.
- Keeping WIA’s mailing lists up to date.
- Contributing to an active presence on social media for WIA.
- Posting all longlisted and shortlisted projects to the WIA’s Instagram Account.
- Compiling and distributing images and press releases to media outlets.
Showcase, Catalogue, Awards Night and Touring Exhibition, assisting with:
- Requesting, organising and compiling digital content for the showcase.
- Requesting, organising and checking information and content for the catalogue.
- Assisting with the planning and delivery of the virtual awards night event.
- Preparing and managing guest lists for events.
- Preparing addresses and data for the catalogue mailout, sending trophies and certificates
- Compiling and distributing touring exhibition information to partners, and potential partners.
- Posting of trophies and certificates
- Assisting with events during the awards programme such as meetups and webinars.
- Great organisation skills and an ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent written communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- A confident and friendly telephone manner
- The ability to manage large quantities of data in excel
- Experience of using social media and scheduling platforms
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a small team
- A keen interest in visual communication and illustration
- An enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- A commitment to contributing to the core values of the AOI
- Experience of supporting an awards process
- Experience of artist/illustrator liaison
- Confidence in using Office 365 applications, Filemaker Pro (or a similar database package), and ideally experience of WordPress, Mailchimp, and Adobe Photoshop, with training provided if needed.
Contract Type: Freelance (2 days per week)
Fixed Term: May – December 2022
Location: London / home working
Salary: £11.50 per hour
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a CV and covering letter to Sabine Reimer (Awards Manager) at [email protected]
No later than midnight Sunday 15th May
If you’d like to keep up to date with our activities (including any new job vacancies at the AOI) consider subscribing to our newsletter.