AOI Member’s Mid Career Residency
Are you a member who has been working as an illustrator for 15+ years? Mid-career can be an opportunity to re-evaluate the way you create your work, go in a new direction, or enrich your current route – and this residency will help you do just that!
The AOI have teamed up with Atelier Olschinsky to offer a mid-career AOI member an amazing 4 day masterclass in Vienna in 2020. Thanks to our friends at Atelier Olschinsky, the masterclass will be free, and the AOI will provide up to £500 towards flights and accommodation.
Atelier Olschinsky offer three 4 day masterclasses each year. 2020 is a cracking line up with Harry Campbell, James Yang and Mu Pan sharing their experience and skills.
You can read about the masterclass series here. They offer an inspirational opportunity to step away from the day to day and reconnect with your passion, inspire yourself, learn new techniques and meet fellow illustrators – and check out Vienna!
The tutors are renowned for their outstanding work and experience, delivering sessions with passion and inspiration. Groups are small (up to 12) meaning that you have a bespoke experience with the chance to ask questions, learn from your peers and come away with new skills, inspiration and ambition.
How to apply
To be considered for the programme you must;
- Meet the application criteria (see ‘who can apply’ below)
- Submit 5 low res images from your work (commissioned or self initiated) made during 2018-2019
- Provide a 1 page summary of your career and key clients over the past 15+ years
- Provide no more than 1 side of A4 outlining how this opportunity would help you take the next step in your career.
- Indicate which of the 2020 masterclasses you would like to attend (one only)
Email to: [email protected]
By this deadline: midnight Sunday 8 December 2019
Who can apply
1. You must be an AOI member at the time of entering and attending the course. Please note that we will revoke the award if you are not a current member.
2. You must have been working as an illustrator for 15+ years up to 2019. By this we mean that you have achieved a significant part of your income from illustration and have worked consistently through those years. We reserve the right to ask for evidence (accounts, client records) to demonstrate this if needed.
Terms and Conditions
1. A small team from the AOI staff and Board will select the successful illustrator.
2. The decision will be based on the quality of work and how much impact this opportunity will have on the illustrator’s career. No details will be given about the decision, nor will the AOI enter into any correspondence about the decision.
3. The illustrator will be responsible for making and undertaking all travel, insurance and accommodation arrangements.
4. The AOI will provide a refund of up to £500 on submission of receipts for accommodation and travel. The AOI will only cover costs of standard class travel. All other costs incurred are the responsibility of the illustrator.
5. The courses are run in English.
6. The AOI is not responsible for any cancellation or change, or for the quality or content of the masterclass, or for any of the communication or engagement with Atelier Olschinsky.