Exhibition Opportunity: creativehub & The AOI
Exhibition dates: 28th November until December 10th
Private View opening night: Thursday 29th November
theprintspace Gallery, 74 Kingsland Rd, London E2 8DL
The AOI is delighted to be working with creativehub to present a pre Christmas exhibition of AOI members work. Pre existing or new work is invited in response to the title Come Together.
AOI members are invited to submit work to be exhibited. Due to space restrictions AOI and creativehub will curate the exhibition. Works will be selected to demonstrate a breadth of styles and approaches as well as a range of interpretations of the theme. It is estimated that the exhibition will include up to 30 works.
Work will be printed on any of theprintspace’s premium Gicleé papers with all printing handled by theprintspace, overseen by AOI curators. All artworks that are chosen for exhibition will also be available for sale to the public, both at the exhibition and via a dedicated AOI online print store, representing a brilliant opportunity to earn revenue from art sales, whilst showcasing your artwork to a fantastic audience of artists and art-lovers. As the artist, you will have total control over whether to offer your artworks(s) in limited-edition or open-edition print runs, the number in the edition, and price.
For any print sales made, the AOI will retain 20% commission, the artist will receive the remaining fee minus print cost and VAT.
How to enter
- You must be a member of the AOI to enter.
- You must upload your images to the AOI’s creativehub account by 26 October 2018 by following these simple guidelines:
- Sign up/login to creativehub (https://hub.theprintspace.co.uk/UserAccount/Login)
- Upload your images for submission (Each image must be in a .png, .tiff or .jpg format, at 300dpi and no larger than 50mb)
- After uploading your files, navigate to the ‘Images’ tab, select your images (by clicking them) and click ‘Share’ at the bottom of the page.
- In the recipient field, enter: [email protected]
- Complete ‘Project name’ (which should be the title of artwork)
- Complete ‘Message’. Include here your artist name (as you wish it to be displayed), your website, twitter / Insta handles
- Ensure that you have enabled:
- ‘Download Permissions’
- DO NOT enable selling or printing permissions.
- Click ‘Share Now’
- No postal applications will be accepted.
- The AOI will confirm your participation in the exhibition by 9 November. The exhibition will be curated and we expect to display around 20 works.
- Work will be printed on Giclee papers by theprintspace. For simplicity theprintspace’s experienced technicians will choose the most complimentary paper types for each artwork depending on the artwork colours / content etc. theprintspace technicians will install the exhibition artworks.
- The artist confirms that they are the copyright holder of the work.
- The exhibition will be open from 9am – 7pm weekdays, from 28th November until December 10th.
- The private view will take place on Thursday 29th November 7.30pm – 10pm, all artists exhibiting in the show will be invited to attend and invite guests, by signing up to an eventbrite event link.
- The gallery is not invigilated, but there are always staff in the space.
- Each image will have a label, printed by theprintspace detailing the artist name, social /website, artwork title, and print information and price. This information will be taken from the original submission and will not be checked back with the artist – so please provide accurate information!
- The gallery is open to the general public and artwork should therefore be suitable for all ages. The AOI and theprintspace reserve the right not to consider work that is considered inappropriate.
Sales and Insurance
- All artists selected to take part in the exhibition must offer artwork for sale. They must choose prices for artwork to be sold, limited edition run size, print size and paper type to be offered before 28 November 2018.
- Following this, the AOI & creativehub team will setup an online print store, hosted on the AOI website, where artwork will be sold to a global audience.
- When an artwork is sold, theprintspace will print and despatch the print to the buyer. theprintspace will deduct the print cost, (this varies depending on paper type & size, prices can be found here: https://www.theprintspace.co.uk/art-printing-prices/) theprintspace will take zero commission. The remaining sum is then split 80/20% with the artist and the AOI. All artists can expect to receive print sale profits 30 days after the close of the exhibition.
- No artwork can be removed before the end of the exhibition. Artists are welcome to keep their prints after the exhibition closes, if collected within 2 weeks within regular opening hours.
- Theprintspace & creativehub will promote the exhibition through online and in store promotion.
- The AOI will promote the exhibition through their social media and newsletters.
- There will be a private view on 29th November. All exhibiting artists are welcome to invite friends and contacts.
- Participating illustrators will be sent exhibition promotion assets to share and circulate through their social media channels and networks.
- By participating in this exhibition you agree that theprintspace & creativehub and the AOI can use your submitted images to promote the exhibition in electronic and print media of all types.