Following the success of last year’s competition RoomFifty is launching the Young Upstart Competition (of YUCs), designed to support and showcase work by artists in the early stages of their career. The competition is free to enter and for anyone over 18 anywhere in the world, so long as they’re not already working in a full-time creative role.
Why should artists enter?
● It’s free!
● Your work will be seen by top industry professionals
● All entrants will receive a free 3 month Sketch subscription to MakeRoom worth £30
● The top 10 entries will all be sold on RoomFifty.com with artists receiving 50% of theprofit
● Entries that receive an honorable mention will be added to their online gallery
● One overall winner will receive a cash prize of £250 and a free annual PRO subscription to MakeRoom worth £199
● Gizem Vural – Artist and Illustrator
● Ciara Phelan – Owner/Founder of Grand Matter
● Tom Hislop – Artist and Creative Director of Time Out
● Shannon Gibson – Art Director at the Financial Times
● Sarah Habershon – Art Director of the Guardian
The competition closes midnight 17th August 2022. The winners will be announced soon after.
More information (including a link to the full Terms and Conditions) can be found here.
RoomFifty is an online gallery selling exclusive, museum-quality prints by a curated roster of the most exciting illustrators and designers in the world.
MakeRoom is an ethical e-commerce platform for artists and businesses that not only allows them to sell directly from their own site, but also takes care of fulfilment and customer service worldwide.
You can find out more about them in our most recent interview.