We are super excited to announce a new AOI Membership Coordinator opportunity.
The Membership team is the beating heart of the AOI. Our membership has grown considerably in the past 12 months, and this position will work alongside our existing membership staff.
Purpose of the job
The central aims of the role are to ensure that the members receive the best possible support through their careers and that the AOI membership continues to grow.
You will provide 1-1 advice on pricing, contract and business enquiries via the membership hotline as well as deliver talks and events for members, update our website and comms, and continually seek to improve our service.
You will ensure that the administration of the Membership desk, including renewals, payments and wider communications is done efficiently and accurately.
– To provide excellent, accurate business advice to members via the dedicated phone/ email hotline focusing especially on pricing, contracts, ethics and general business support.
– To ensure the Membership database is kept up to date and accurate in regard to renewals applications, resignations etc.
– To monitor monthly membership renewals.
– To undertake proactive membership drives to increase awareness of our service and grow membership.
– To liaise with the accounts department to ensure correct and timely information flow.
– To ensure the membership hotline is staffed at all times.
– To ensure the smooth running of the membership department through the ongoing development of the administration and service offer.
– To maintain a high level of understanding about the website in order to advise members on getting the best out of it.
Membership Events and Benefits
– In conjunction with the Membership team, conceive and deliver talks and events which support existing and attract new members throughout the UK and overseas.
– To deliver business masterclasses in colleges and universities where required.
– To contribute to the updating and maintenance of the pricing survey.
– To contribute to the updating and maintenance of the AOI Directories.
– To secure a wide range of relevant member benefits.
– To ensure a strategic and vibrant use of AOI social media and to work with the wider Membership Team to deliver this.
– To maintain the AOI website with exclusive members content and member news by drafting, commissioning and collating relevant content
– To manage, update and maintain and promote the AOI Folios to a wide range of commissioners
– To support the organisations campaigning work based on members feedback, submissions and requests
– To support Varoom, Awards and other initiatives as appropriate
– To keep up to date with current issues affecting the industry including rights, fees and professional standards.
– To contribute to the overall development of the organisation with ideas and proposals of future initiatives as required.
– To ensure the smooth running of the office and provide support for other staff members as required.
– To act at all times in a way befitting a representative of the AOI and its objectives and standards of organisation when fulfilling the duties of the position.
Personal Specification – Essential
– Demonstrable ability to find and offer solutions in order to best help members.
– Excellent ability to communicate with a wide range of illustrators, educators, agents and commissioners face to face, on the phone and in writing.
– Ability to respond to and undertake relevant administration for a large number of enquires efficiently and quickly with a strong attention to detail.
– Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
– Confident sales skills.
– Demonstrable ability to deliver a vibrant, engaged social media and web content.
– Experience and enjoyment of public speaking, delivering events and masterclasses.
– Demonstration of an adaptable and willing approach to work with the ability to remain calm during times of pressure.
– An understanding of pricing, ethical and contractual issues facing illustrators. Full training will be provided.
– An interest and commitment to progressing the industry.
– Experience of Wordpress, Databases (Filemaker Pro etc), CRM and finance software
Contract: Full time, permanent contract of employment.
Hours: 40 hours per week. The role will include evening and weekend work as well as some travel.
Holidays: 25 days increasing 1 day per year at the end of your second year to a max of 30 days.
Probation: 6 months
There will be an intensive training period of 6 months at the start of this role during regular office hours.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and cover letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) addressing why you are interested in this role, and how your experience demonstrates you meet each point of the person specification. You should include the names and contact details of two referees, including your most recent or present employer. We will not contact your references without informing you.
Please e-mail Lou at [email protected]
Deadline for applications: Friday 19 January 2018