Five things we learned from Pictoplasma NYC 2017
The Contemporary Character Design and Art event was held in November in New York, USA and Pictoplasma gave AOI two tickets for a raffle. The lucky winners were illustration duo Cachetejack who gave us their top 5 ‘things we learned’ from the event.
had a program of inspiring artist talks
including illustrators Cécile Dormeau, Edel Rodriguez, James Curran and Sean Charmatz.
1. Edel Rodríguez Talk: how he became a political illustrator after his experience during his childhood in Cuba the repression of the government.
2. Cecile Dormeau changing the concept that society has about Girls and beauty. Amazing humour!
3. Google stickers Talk. Be conscious about the new language of our era, instead of a phone call you Will send an sticker.
4. To listen another artists and illustrators about the way they think, live and work and get some ideas about how you can improve your way!
5. Meeting other “assistants” that were also illustrators and share our common experiences, actual exhibitions in the City, illustration events…
It was and amazing experience to listen all the amazing talks. Such a good time to reflect about how to organize yourself.
All photos by Cachetejack