Enter by 31 January 2019 to be in with a chance to win some fantastic prizes:
• Overall Professional Winner: One of the eight Professional Category Winners is named as the WIA2019 Overall Professional Winner at a prestigious ceremony in central London. They will win a generous cash prize of £2,000, a WIA trophy, and a two-page marketing package in the Directory of Illustration No. 36, valued at $4,330 US Dollars, including a 100-image professional portfolio on directoryofillustration.com
• Overall New Talent Winner: One of the eight New Talent Category Winners is named as the WIA2019 Overall New Talent Winner at a prestigious ceremony in central London. They will win a generous cash prize £1,000, a WIA Trophy, and a copy of the Directory of Illustration No. 36.
• Professional and New Talent Category Winners: All 16 Category Winners (one New Talent and one Professional per category) receive a WIA Trophy, an enhanced entry in the catalogue, a profile feature on the AOI website, and a complimentary AOI membership for one year with all the benefits this brings including pricing advice, online portfolio and Varoom subscription.
• NEW FOR 2019* Professional and New Talent Highly Commended in each category: 16 Highly Commended Projects (one New Talent and one Professional per category) will receive a WIA Certificate.
• *NEW FOR 2019* AOI Member Award: Selected from any AOI member shortlisted for the WIA2019. The winner will receive a complimentary year-long membership plus folio, a copy of the Guide to Law and the current Directories, worth £296.95, a WIA Certificate and profile feature on the AOI website.
• *NEW FOR 2019* SAA (Society of Artists Agents) Agents Award for New Talent: All shortlisted New Talent entries will be eligible for the SAA Agents Award for New Talent, offering the winner a six-month trial representation with one of the leading SAA Illustration agents, which will include mentoring and career development. During that time, the winner will also benefit from having their work showcased on the SAA’s website and across their social media platforms. The winner will also be presented with a WIA certificate and profile feature on the AOI website.
• *NEW FOR 2019* DI (Directory of Illustration) Award: The DI Award winner will receive will receive a single page marketing package in the Directory of Illustration No. 36, valued at $2,695 US Dollars. The program includes a 100-image professional portfolio on directoryofillustration.com plus a one-on-one consultation with a professional Directory of Illustration marketing consultant on how to best present your work to the American market. The winner will also be presented with a WIA certificate and profile feature on the AOI website.
This year, all shortlisted illustrators will:
• Feature on the AOI website on a dedicated page, with selected projects promoted across the AOI’s social media.
• Be presented in a printed full colour catalogue, which is distributed to over 1,300 commissioners worldwide.
• Receive a complimentary copy of the WIA2019 catalogue.
• Feature in a major exhibition in central London.
• Be invited to attend the Awards Evening, a highlight of the illustration industry event calendar.
• Be offered an exclusive discount on AOI membership with Folio for one year.
• Receive incredible exposure across our digital and real-world networks: the WIA is a proven platform for illustrators to consolidate and expand network.
• Be seen by commissioners and gain industry recognition and new clients
All Award-Winning and Highly Commended projects will feature in a UK-wide touring exhibition and receive a digital badge for their website.
“The World Illustration Awards is one of the few competitions I want to enter. To win an award is a proud moment for me and a reward for all the hard work put in.” – Paul Thurlby, Professional Site Specific Category Winner, 2018
So, what are you waiting for? Enter your best work today and we’ll promote selected entries across our networks as they come in!
About the World Illustration Awards
The AOI first ran an annual competition, called Images, in 1975 that was open to any British Illustrator. It was unique then, as the selection for the publication was made by a jury, selecting the best contemporary submissions each year to be published in the annual. In 2012, Images was replaced by the AOI Illustration Awards. These ran for 2 years, before The AOI formed a partnership with the Directory of Illustration in the USA and created the World Illustration Awards in 2015.