The World Illustration Awards 2018 call for entries closed Tuesday 20 February.
The World Illustration Awards are the most prestigious juried illustration Awards globally, respected by illustrators, agents and commissioners alike.
Illustrators in any country working in any medium or content can enter work created between January 2017 and February 2018.
The deadline for submissions is Tuesday 20 February 2018
Work may be entered by the creator or third parties such as agents, colleges or commissioners. Submissions must be made into the eight categories as either a New Talent (students or those within 2 years of graduation or entering the illustration world) or a Professional entry. Entries are judged by industry professionals drawn from across the world.
Be seen by commissioners
- Selected entries will be promoted across our extensive industry networks as soon as they come in.
- All entrants have their work seen and judged by industry professionals, which may lead to commissions.
- All 200 shortlisted and winning entries are included in a full colour, 128-page catalogue, direct mailed to 1,300 major commissioners worldwide.
- All shortlisted and winning entries will be showcased on the Awards site in dedicated online portfolios.
- All shortlisted artists will have their work promoted across the AOI’s industry networks.
- All shortlisted and winning entries will be presented in a high-profile exhibition at Somerset House, London held in June 2018.
- All shortlisted entries have the opportunity to be selected for a touring exhibition which receives over 40,000 visitors every year.
- This year there are cash prizes for the Overall Winners, sponsored by rOtring: £2,000 for the Overall Professional Winner, and £1,000 for the Overall New Talent Winner.
- The Overall Professional Winner will receive 1 full page in Directory of Illustration No. 35. including an online portfolio with 100 images. The value is $2695 USD.
- The Professional Advertising Category Winner will receive an iPad Pro, Apple Pencil and Procreate software package, courtesy of the Advertising Category sponsor Procreate.
- The New Talent Advertising Category Winner will receive a Procreate software package, courtesy of the Advertising Category sponsor Procreate.
- All category winners will be given a complimentary annual AOI membership, valued at £160.
Entry fees apply. Single entry: 1 image or 1 moving image link: £25 / $33 / €30
Multiple Entry: Up to 5 images (or combination of still and moving images): £45 / $60 / €54
Applicants are required to agree to the World Illustration Award Terms and Conditions.
Download the promotional flyer here
Sign up to our mailing list below.
JOIN OUR MAILING LISTJoin our mailing list to get the latest news.