20th April 2020 @ 8:00 am - 31st May 2020 @ 5:00 pm
PICTOPLASMA’S NEW CALL FOR ENTRIES INVITES ALL INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS, ILLUSTRATORS, AND DESIGNERS TO JOIN THE #FACEVALUE CHALLENGE AND CREATE THE PERFECT ANTHROPOMORPHIC GEAR TO FACE OUR PANDEMIC TIMES.
Here’s what we’re hoping for:
– Stay home(!), grab whatever tools and material you can find, get creative and craft a facial mask that expresses your inner character. The result should at least cover your nose and mouth, but engulfing your entire head (or upper body) is also more than welcome.
– Keep busy cutting, folding, sawing, gluing, screwing, 3D printing, sewing, crocheting, embroidering, or anything in-between… until done.
– Most importantly: Pose proudly for a picture-perfect self-portrait and post the photographic proof of you wearing your character mask on Pictofolio.com
– Tag your entry in the about selection with the official challenge hashtag #FaceValue
– One tagged #FaceValue per artist entry only!
– Wash your hands, lean back and rest assured: you’ve done well!
From all submitted character masks a jury will make a selection of approx. 30 works to be exhibited at the next Pictoplasma Berlin Festival in a specially curated portrait gallery installation. Virtual hugs will be sent out to all participants, that can be exchanged into real hugs, whenever and wherever you’re ready.
Deadline for submission: May 31, 2020
Flatten the curve, face the challenge, value character and stay healthy.