16th June 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
A successful illustration career doesn’t happen from one day to another, and definitely not spontaneously. While creating a strong body of work is important, communication and consistency are also key. This webinar, especially designed for illustration students about to graduate, will cover the following:
- The importance of being proactive and investing in different avenues in order to grow.
- Key questions to bear in mind when promoting yourself and your portfolio.
- Nurturing your website and social media.
- Researching and contacting the clients you really want to work with.
- Developing a presence online and (eventually) offline.
- Building connections and a network.
This talk will draw on personal experience and showcase examples of other industry professionals, sharing practical tips you can start putting into practice during COVID19. After the talk, a short Q&A session will follow.
Marianna Madriz is an Illustrator based in London originally from Venezuela. After graduating from the Arts University Bournemouth in 2014, she’s gone on to work on a range of editorial and publishing projects, with clients including Laurence King, Vauxhall Corsa, AQUILA Magazine and House of Illustration. As well as freelancing, she assists many members on a weekly basis at the AOI. She’s currently working (from home) on her 4th illustrated children’s book.
Please note that this webinar is mainly for students and recent graduates.
Tuesday 16 June 2020 1pm – 2pm
Price: £7 non members / £5 members
Illustration by Marianna Madriz for the AOI.
THIS IS ANEVENT