24th October 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Join the AOI’s Lou Bones for this comprehensive masterclass covering all the essential areas for a successful career in illustration including pricing, licensing, self-promotion, understanding the commissioner’s journey and working internationally. We will also be discussing the more difficult issues such as dealing with copyright infringement and the ins and outs of client negotiation, contracts, fees and industry standards.
Lou Bones will draw on real examples and share practical tips before leading a Q&A. This masterclass is aimed at seasoned professionals and the up-and-coming alike.
- Introduction to the AOI
- Social media
- The commissioner’s journey
- Copyright / rights: what it is, how it works, dealing with copyright infringement
- Contracts: what they are, what’s in them + why they are needed
- Client negotiation: what is standard + how to deal with those tricky moments
- Pricing Your Work: examples of fees + insider info
- Further info
- 30-minute Q&A. All questions welcome!
Tickets include entry to John Vernon Lord: Illustrating Carroll and Joyce ahead of the masterclass on 24 October, between 5pm and 6pm
THIS IS ANEVENT